Monday, April 23, 2007

In class we saw the movie O Brother Where Art Thou. The movie is based on the Odyssey. I had never read the Odyssey but I knew some of it from hearing people talk about it. This movie although it is just based on the Odyssey and not an exact remake really helped me in understanding the Odyssey and what it was about.
Listening to just a recap of the Odyssey helped me know a bit of the story but not all of it. There is alot of comparisons with the movie and the Odyssey. In the movie you see the Cyclops which in the Odyssey is a one eyed monster but in the movie it is John Goodman with a patch. I had seen the movie being played on tv alot and commercials and I never thought I would like but I think the fact that I learned that it was based on the Odyssey and I saw all the similiarities helped me out in actually liking this movie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home