Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The story of Oedipus Rex is a very tragic and interesting story. Before watching the movie I had never read the story like many have so I didnt know much about it. The play we saw about it was pretty strange but I liked how the masks showed different emotions depending on the character.
I think this story is the epitome of everything going wrong for someone. Oedipus thought he was living a good life, he was King, had power and had a wife. All that meant absolutely nothing to him when he found out the truth about his life. I think this story shows that the truth isnt always something you want to hear especially when you are living a good life like Oedipus was. I think he would have been better off by not knowing that he was married to his mother and that his parents gave him away to a shepherd. This story shows just one unfortunate event after another and it makes you want to feel for Oedipus.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home